Currently I am part of the engineering team at Cloudera (formerly Hortonworks), working on query processing and optimization in Apache Hive and Apache Calcite.
I obtained my PhD degree from the University of Paris-Sud and Inria in 2014, under the supervision of Ioana Manolescu and Dario Colazzo. From 2009 to 2011, I was a research engineer at Inria. Prior to that, I received my Computer Science and Engineering degree from the University of Almería in 2009.
- Query compilation and optimization
- Distributed query processing
- Semi-structured data management
- Stinger.next: SQL interactive query answering in Apache Hive
- PigReuse: reuse-based optimization for Pig Latin
- PAXQuery: massively parallel XML query processing
- AMADA: efficient Web data storage and querying using public cloud-based services
- ViP2P - AnnoViP - LiquidXML: XML view-based data management in structured P2P networks